What is diversity?
Diversity is a way of looking at and encouraging an environment where people feel valued and recognised. It simply means that:
At Companies House we value the fact that we have a diverse workforce. We welcome and value people from all communities and cultures and fully realise the benefits that can come from having a team who feel comfortable in being able to put forward different views, ideas and perspectives.
- we are all different
- we all have different things to offer
- and we all have different perceptions, expectations and ideas
Commitment from us all
Companies House is committed to embracing diversity, based on a culture of mutual respect for each other and each others differences. We expect everyone to treat each other with dignity.
Managing diversity at Companies House involves everyone from the Chief Executive and members of the Board to managers, team leaders and every single member of staff.
Benefits to be gained from a diverse workforce
We are continuously trying to find better ways of nurturing diversity and making the most of it rather than to make everyone conform to a particular stereotype or mould. All of us at Companies House will continue to progress towards achieving this objective.
- By welcoming difference, every member of staff maximises their potential and value to the team.
- Bias is avoided on the basis of issues which can unfairly block personal development.
- Everyone is valued as an individual not as a member of a group.
- Everyone is themselves and seeks to be successful on individual merit.
- Managing diversity avoids wasting talent and ensures people are performing to their maximum potential.
- Managing diversity combats prejudice, stereotyping, harassment and undignified behaviour.